Wanted: CEO for a Bitcoin Lightning Startup
At Blockchain Founders Group (BFG), we built a premier venture capital firm to transform the European blockchain landscape. Last year, we founded 4 blockchain-based startups through our company builder and invested in 5 blockchain and crypto startups through our venture capital unit. Some startups which spun off from us include:
- basenode.io: https://www.basenode.io/
- Sharpe Explorer: https://www.sharpeexplorer.io/
- datash: http://www.datash.io/
- capneo: https://www.capneo.io/
BFG is now looking to incubate another startup focused on the Bitcoin Lightning Network. The Lightning Network is a second layer technology applied to bitcoin that uses micropayment channels to scale its blockchain’s capability to conduct transactions more efficiently. The Lightning Network not only makes transactions faster and less costly but also allows scalability of the Bitcoin blockchain like never before. We are looking for a CEO who has the right mind and skill set to lead and grow this disruptive startup idea.
As a CEO, you will lead the execution of this startup idea. You will work with a CTO in order to develop a Bitcoin Lightning Network business model. In this role, we need someone who has a diverse set of skills and experience in marketing, sales, software, product management, operations and team building.
Reference number: BFG5182EN
Entry date: Q1 2022 and ongoing for the entire year
Qualification: 1–3 years of startup experience with a business background
Salary: competitive salary
About Blockchain Founders Group
Founded in 2021, Blockchain Founders Group is a Liechtenstein-based venture capital firm that recognizes the potential of blockchain technology and its application in various investment areas. We strive to become a key player in the token economy and contribute to the success of blockchain businesses in Europe. We incubate validated blockchain business models while also accelerating outstanding founder teams with both pre-seed and seed investments. We provide shared services based on best practices to allow a hand-picked team to focus on what matters most: to invest early on before valuations go up exponentially while substantially reducing risk.
For more information on Blockchain Founders Group and our product offering, please visit our website: https://blockchain-founders.io/
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform the functions listed below:
- P&L responsibility for an organisation or unit focused on emerging technologies.
- To develop multiple verticals in a business from sales, marketing, product development and management, project management, operations, IT and digital infrastructure
- Development and execution of a startup in alignment with the BFG company building model
- Work with the project leaders in exploring everything regarding business validation, go-to-market plan, market sounding, outreach strategies, and future funding strategies
- Collaborate closely with founders and VC executives and steer strategic business relationships
- Working on marketing, product, and decision-making simultaneously
- Help with the administrative process of setting up the company and any contractual tasks
- Monitor KPIs and ensure a flawless product launch while meeting crucial deadlines
To perform this job successfully, you must have the minimum following education and experience:
- Excellent degree from a European business school or university
- 1–3 years of work experience in building/founding/ working at a senior executive position in digital startups
- Experience as a previous founder/CEO/senior executive
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for blockchain technology and digitalization
- A proactive way of working and high work ethic
- Ability to acquire knowledge quickly and think outside-the-box
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment on multiple verticals from sales, marketing, product development, project management, partnerships & outreach, business development etc.
- Affinity in IT (no coding required)
- Strong business mind with solid experience in B2B and B2C sales cycles
- Experience in startups or tech ecosystem or equivalent, preferably familiar with doing product development and team management
- Ideal preparation for starting your own venture in the future or join BFG’s venture capital unit
- Varied fields of business with high degrees of responsibility and independence
- Work on highly innovative blockchain projects which generate value for customers and have the potential to digitally transform many industries
- Steep learning curves and collaboration in experienced teams
- Competitive salary with a success-based component (if desired, distribution of equity-shares of the companies)
- Access to renowned investors and thought-leaders in the German-speaking blockchain space
How to apply
Please send all your application documents (ideally as one PDF-file; file size <5 MB) to Max Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org), who is also happy to answer potential questions. Mention the reference number of the job offer in the subject of the email. Employment should be made effective in Q1 2022.